Cadence welcomes our Post-Doctoral Fellows to a warm and supportive team. We are committed to providing an exceptional training experience that exceeds your expectations!
We are recognized as a leader in providing effective evidence-based CBT, DBT and FBT treatment for children, teens, young adults, and their parents.
“This is not a place where you’re plugged into a machine and your path is determined by others. We try to assess what your goals are and see how we can help you achieve those goals” – Vibh, Training Advisor
- Cadence was one of the first clinics in the nation to be DBT-Linehan Board Certified.
- Cadence is a leader in training its team for Individual DBT-Linehan Board Certification.
- Our Clinical Director, Dan Finnegan, is recognized nationwide as a CBT and DBT expert in training and treatment.
- Dan worked for over a decade with DBT founder, Dr. Marsha Linehan, and was a clinical supervisor for her PhD DBT practicum program at University of Washington.
- He provides training for Behavioral Tech working with teams in the US and Canada.
- Dan is on the Board of the DBT-Linehan Board of Certification.
- Cadence has an extensive referral network built on providing outstanding results.
- 100% of parents in a survey of 300 clients in our DBT program reported they would recommend Cadence skills groups to other families.
- Cadence is a provider for Lyra Health, supporting a full range of mental health needs for employees of major companies.
- Cadence is a leader in providing highly effective telehealth CBT, DBT and FBT services across Washington State, which includes DBT Skills Groups and other classes.
- The clinic is a referral choice for Seattle Children’s Hospital, pediatric groups, public and private schools, psychiatrists, and therapists needing a higher level of care for their clients.
- Dr. Vibh Forsythe Cox supervises training in CBT and DBT and Dr. Manda Hakimi Ederer oversees training in Family Based Treatment (FBT) for Eating Disorders.
- Case Consultation from content experts.
- Fellows can elect to be on a training path for DBT Certification.
- DBT Skills Groups and other treatment groups offer teaching opportunities. Current groups include The Incredible Years for parents of anxious children, DBT parent group, Behavioral Parent Training, and a pending one for postpartum depression.
- Cadence is a close-knit team that collaborates on client cases, openly shares expertise, and knows how to have fun together.
- Weekly DBT Consult Team meetings.
- Regular individual meetings and small teaching groups.
- Cadence has a weekly team-wide meeting.
- Excellent support from our administrative and intake team so that therapists can focus on their clients and on learning.
- Opportunity to live in the beautiful Pacific Northwest – ski slopes within an hour drive, water sports, hiking, ferries to close-by islands and a vibrant dining, musical and entertainment center. You will never be bored in this friendly and exciting area!
- Kirkland has a charming downtown with great walking, shopping, and hanging out areas by the lake.
- Cadence is located on the beautiful shores of Lake Washington, with quick access to Seattle. The complex includes a Starbucks, an extensive dock for walks around the marina, alone or with clients, an exercise center, and great restaurants.
- Please submit CV and a letter of interest by Jan 15th, 2021 to [email protected] and [email protected]
- Feel free to contact Dan Finnegan (Clinical Director) or Dr. Vibh Forsythe Cox (Training Advisor) to discuss this opportunity in more detail.